For almost a century KYB has specialised in hydraulics, with technology widely used in the aeronautical, rail and maritime industries. KYB is Japan’s leading hydraulics company.
From its 15 factories in Asia, Europe and the United States, KYB has an annual production capacity of more than 75 million shock absorbers. KYB has the largest shock absorber factory in the world (in Gifu, Japan), with a capacity of over 50 million pieces. It is highly automated and can change from producing one strut to another in 15 seconds.
Shock Absorbers – KYB K’lassic Twin tube oil or gas shock absorbers, struts and cartridges.
1. Product Description KYB K’lassic provides an economical and safe replacement option for older cars where the repair budget may be limited.
2. Specification Aimed exclusively at older vehicles Most economical replacement for OE Three stage dual valving Multi lip oil seal Teflon coated piston valve Hard chromed piston rod
Shock Absorbers – Premium Oil shock absorbers, struts and cartridges for all makes of cars and LCVs.
1. Product Description Premium is specially designed to compensate for the accumulated wear and tear on other parts of the suspension system. So it will provide a better ride and better steering. Because it is factory assembled and factory exact, your customers can expect its built-in performance features to consistently deliver better-than-new road control and riding comfort.
2. Specification Economical replacement for OE Three stage dual valving Multi lip oil seal Teflon coated piston valve Hard chromed piston rod
Shock Absorbers – Excel-G Twin tube gas shock absorbers, struts and cartridges for all makes of cars and LCVs.
1. Product Description Our patented valving and the use of pressurised nitrogen gas in the Excel-G range will restore riding comfort and, at the same time, dramatically reduce the aeration or foaming that commonly occurs in other shock absorbers.
2. Specification Restores OE performance One way anti-foaming valve reduces foaming and performance fade Three stage dual valving Teflon coated piston valve Seamless inner cylinder and eye ring, no leaks Bonded bushings and sleeves Hard chromed piston rod
Shock Absorbers – Gas-A-Just Monotube high pressure gas shock absorbers for all makes of cars and LCVs.
1. Product Description A performance upgrade for twin tube equipped vehicles, or restoration of OE performance for monotube equipped vehicles. The monotube design is more responsive and automatically adjusts to driving conditions, providing a firmer ride and additional control using a high pressure gas charge.
2. Specification Restores OE monotube performance Increases performance over OE twin tube Completely eliminates foaming and performance fade Up to 30% more damping than twin tube Single, seamless working cylinder, heavy duty guage Phenolic piston seal provides consistent performance Additional floating piston separates oil and compresses nitrogen gas to add velocity sensitive performance Seamless mounts and bonded bushings adds strength and eliminates noise
Shock Absorbers – Ultra SR High pressure gas shock absorbers, struts and cartridges for performance cars.
1. Product Description The Ultra SR design is more responsive and automatically adjusts to driving conditions, providing a firmer ride and additional control using a high pressure gas charge. Twin tube / monotube unit, available as shocks, struts and cartridges for sports cars or cars towing heavy loads
2. Specification For the sports driver Excellent driving stability with maximum safety Harder damping force enables stable road holding and steering High performance when used with steel belt or low profile tyres completely eliminates foaming and performance fade
Shock Absorbers – AGX Adjustable gas shock absorbers, struts and cartridges.
1. Product Description KYB AGX Adjustable Gas Shocks allow drivers to adjust damping to match specific driving conditions via four or eight way valve. Can be adjusted up to 125% more than original specification.
2. Specification Manually adjustable multi stage damping, 4 ways or 8 No need to lift vehicle to adjust, no need for special tools Settings available for all driving conditions, soft to hard Unique, progressive valving Sintered iron piston provides greater strength and improved durability Seamless cylinders and eye ring
1. Role of Coil Spring Support the vehicles weight and absorb the impact of the road condition Increase the life of the shock absorber and other suspension components including tyres Together with shock absorbers they make up the vehicles suspension system which keeps the tyres in contact with the road.
2. Why change Coil Springs? To return the vehicle to the correct ride height To maintain tyre contact with the road surface To improve road handling To improve wheel alignment To save money by increasing shock absorber life
3. When should Coil Springs be changed? When broken – always replace in axle pairs When fatigued (sagging) – always replace in axle pairs Shock absorbers should also be replaced at the same time – always replace in axle pairs
4. Specification Hot & Cold coiling technology Manufactured to ISO 9001 standards Shot-peening significantly increases the fatigue life of the spring Surface preparation and coating ensures excellent corrosion resistance Side load technology (banana springs) available Full range of OE design taper wire miniblock technology available (RJ Series). Alternatively, a competitively priced aftermarket constant wire design is available (RX Series)
1. Role of Suspension Mounting Kit Improves the link between the shock absorber and the chassis. Increases the life of the shock absorber and all suspension components (including tyre) Improves handling and control.
2. Why change Suspension Mounting Kits? To make steering easier, smoother and more precise To reduce vibrations To improve road handling To improve wheel alignment To save money by increasing shock absorber life, no extra labour time if changing in same time as shock absorber
3. When should Suspension Mounting Kits be changed? Each time the shock absorbers are replaced When the steering is hard and noisy
1. Role of Protection Kits Protection kits increase the life of the shock absorber, by preventing dust and moisture from damaging the piston surface and seal They also protect the piston rod from damage and corrosion from stones and road pollution The bump stop limits the suspension travel in the compression phase
2. Why change Protection Kits? To improve road handling To save money by increasing the life of the shock absorber life and coil spring No extra labour time if changing at the same time as the shock absorber
3. When should Protection Kits be changed? Each time the shock absorbers are replaced